Forms & Instructions
Reporting Forms & Instructions (Updated
General Reporting Instructions
Holder Report Cover Sheet
- Electronic Holder Reporting Required - You must report electronically when
reporting in Connecticut. The electronic reports must be in the National
Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) format. Connecticut
does not have a dedicated website for delivery of the NAUPA file; you must
copy to CD ROM or flash drive! There
is one free software option for Connecticut:
- HRS Pro - provided by
Conduent's Wagers at www.wagers.net.
The single user version - desktop standard - retired on June 15, 2017.
The web standard edition is a free application for up to 200 properties and
one holder or tax ID number For multiple users (holders/tax ID numbers), please
contact Conduent's Wagers at
http://www.wagers.net/hrs/index.php. All data is maintained by the holder on the holder's computer
- it is not automatically transmitted to the state.
- HRS Pro is an Excel based program which allows holders to file using an electronic report in NAUPA format. You may use the downloaded Excel template or input directly into the software. Connecticut encourages you to use the template and import the data file into the software.
There are several other software packages available for purchase that will
generate the unclaimed property holder report in the correct format.
It is important to note that Connecticut does not participate in any
automatic delivery by these firms. You must copy file to CD-ROM or flash
drive, verify the file is on the CD-ROM or flash drive, and then submit to
- Our office encourages all holders to make a paper file copy and an electronic file copy for your records.
We do not need the paper copy.
- Copy/burn the electronic hde file onto CD-ROM or flash drive and
submit it with payment, as well as the signed, notarized cover sheet.
Remember, data is not automatically transmitted to the state.
- If you use HRS Pro to complete your report, please send the hde
file to Connecticut, even if the report only has one or two items on
it. Loading electronic reports into the database is preferable to
manually entering properties.
- If you need help with this software, email Cathy Kristof at
Holder Reporting Extension Request Form
Property Codes with Dormancy Periods
Acceptable Owner Relationship Codes (with definitions) and Owner Type
Verification & Checklist Form (for your documentation only; do not send to Connecticut)
Use the Holder Report Cover Sheet for filing.
Form ST77 (Manual Reporting for Three or Less Properties)
- Due Diligence
Holder Reimbursement Request Form
- First Time Reporting
Holder Instructions for Negative Reporting
Reporting and Delivery of Cash Property
- Reporting and Delivery of Securities/DRP Property
Reporting Physical Certificates, Worthless, Privately Held, Delisted, Non-Transferable Securities
Reporting and Delivery of Safe Deposit Box Contents and Proceeds
Revised: November 2018